Timpson will collect the personal details that you provide to us on our website for the purposes of providing you with services and/or information. In providing such services and/or information to you we will only use your data in accordance with the terms of the following statement.
This statement sets out below:
- How personally identifiable information of yours is collected from you through the website.
- How the information is used by us.
- With whom the information may be shared and for what purpose(s).
- What choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of the information.
- The kind of security procedures that are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information collected through our website.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection and Use
Timpson is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others. Timpson collects information from our users at several different points on our website.
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s hard drive containing information about the user. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information while on our site. Once the user closes their browser, the cookie simply terminates. For instance, by setting a cookie on our site, the user would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. If a user rejects the cookie, they may still use our site.
We use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the site, track user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
We may share aggregated demographic information with our clients. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
Information stored outside of the EEA
Some of the personal data that we collect from you may be transferred and stored outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") to be processed by companies who work with us or for one of our service providers. We have worked with these companies to make sure your personal data remains adequately protected and is treated in line with this Policy. Specifically we use:
- MailChimp to send email communications. These emails may be to keep you updated about an order you have placed on our website or to send you other emails if you have opted in to receive marketing messages from us. Information including email addresses and names are stored on MailChimp’s servers in the USA. If you would prefer that your data is not shared with MailChimp you can opt-out at any point by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the footer of any of our marketing emails or by contacting us.
This web site may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that Timpson is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Web site.
Correction/Updating Personal Information
If your personally identifiable information changes (such as office address), we will endeavour to provide a way to correct, update or remove the personal data provided to us. This can usually be done by emailing email@example.com